Internet marketing has become more confusing and complex over the years but exciting for anyone who stays up on the trends in the industry. Each year there are new things to consider like google updates, software, hardware and new trends sweeping the industry. If you’re up to date on these things you can definitely get a leg up on your competition and we all know that those who are ahead of the curve get the majority of leads and the ones who are lagging behind Miss out on opportunities to get lead generation and that equals lost sales.
2016 looks to be a great year for online marketing, and I anticipate it shaking up the game with these Upcoming trends:
1. YouTube and video will continue to expand and dominate the industry. Video ads are certainly nothing new, with social channels like YouTube dedicated to hosting billions of videos and advertising platforms like Facebook and Bing already offering advertisers video options. 2016 is set to be different because Google is finally getting on board with in-SERP video advertising. nowadays you see more and more videos showing up on page one of Google when you do a key phrase search. It’s a sign that users are becoming more accepting of video ads online, and as that trend continues, expect to see more types of video ads popping up in more unexpected places.
2. App indexing will lead to an explosion of apps. Google has offered app indexing for a while, but as the ranking possibilities for apps become more complex, 2016 will be the year more business owners realize the online visibility advantages of a dedicated app. A mobile-optimized site works wonders for appealing to the mobile crowd, but soon, apps will begin to replace them. I still believe that a mobilize website will continue to dominate any type of app for mobile search, but definitely after becoming more common.
3. Mobile will Continue to grow so it’s more important than ever you have a phenomenal mobile version of your website. 2015 was a big year for mobile—not only did Google announce that mobile traffic finally overtook desktop traffic in 10 different countries, it was also the year they released the “Mobilegeddon” algorithm update to phase out sites not optimized for mobile. The challenge is that the majority of websites have something called responsive design, which is when you look at them on a smart phone they just cram all the information from the homepage onto a tiny screen and that can look terrible. It so important to have a truly amazing mobile experience for your clients . This alone won’t be enough to drive down desktop traffic, but it’s clear what side of the fence Google’s on; they’re banking on desktop traffic fading away, meaning the smart money rests on mobile-focused online marketing.
4. Virtual reality will emerge. There are dozens of different virtual reality devices set to release in the next few years, some of which are dedicated for specific applications like video games, and others which are available for general use. Oculus Rift, arguably the most hyped VR device, is set to release in the first quarter of 2016. Oculus Rift and other VR devices will introduce an entire new medium of online advertising, with integration to popular social media platforms, video channels, and even forms of direct messaging. Personally I can’t wait to the come up with a inexpensive virtual reality platform that truly makes one feel like he’s or she’s actually in the experience.
5. Wearable technology and the Internet of Things (IoT) will pave new ground. While not quite to the level of virtual reality, wearable “smart” devices should start gaining more traction into 2016. 2015 saw the unveiling of the Apple Watch, a first-generation smart watch, but more smart watches and similar wearable devices should start emerging next year. Such devices will change the landscape of local marketing, and will do more to blur the lines between “online” marketing and “real” marketing. With the advent of wearable technology we will see more customized marketing to such devices, once again are you someone who is ahead of the curve or lagging behind.
6. Advertising will become more expensive. Let’s face it Google advertising is already expensive enough- it’s time you took SEO seriously instead of spending a ton of money on ad words. Just look how we got our client “Calgary Painting company” Ahead of the Competition, in the online marketing world has increased dramatically over the course of the past few years. 2016 will see it increase even more.
As the basic laws of economics suggest, an increase in demand is often accompanied by an increase in price, so all those new online marketing competitors will drive the prices for online advertising even higher. Realistically, online ads are pretty cheap, but the increases in price may drive some smaller companies out of the landscape.
well these trends will not be the only ones that emerge over the 2016 year they will be some of the most significant. I’m looking forward to your feedback and comments on this post and once again if you need any assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me.