This update was released to target Black hat Seo type folks, link spammers, search spammers and poor quality content, but still many High quality websites were hit for no reason at all. A few news blogs that I really like got hit, even Google makes a mistake here and there.
Don’t freak out? Take five deep breaths and relax.Did your website recently lose Google rankings and traffic?
Well chances are your website got effected by the new Google Penguin update that was released on April 24 2012.
This article to learn how to recover from the Google Penguin update.
Webspam or search spam was targeted.
Many of the sites didn’t follow Google’s Guidelines.
- Keyword stuffed their websites, links, content, meta tags
- Sites involved with black hat Seo.
- Participated in link schemes or link wheels
- Sites with poor content
- Had a large amount of low quality websites linking to them
- Purposefully duplicated content to boost their rankings
- Cloaked sites, redirected in a sneaky way or had some doorway pages for search
Tips on how to Make it through the Penguin Update
Keep in mind Matt Cutts himself encourages SEO. So SEO isn’t bad. It’s the shortcuts that are targeted and the shortcuts that are bad. High quality fresh content with quality backlinks that provide valuable resourceful information is the key.
- If you feel you were unjustly de-ranked you can contact Google for reconsideration.
- Submit a newsworthy press release, get it written professional, yes it is expensive, but you will get great press and tons of quality backlinks.
- Get quality backlinks, I am going to say this again QUALITY. You can check your By contacting me. I can send you a free report on how Many Backlinks you have.
- Blog, blog, blog!
Or hire a professional blogger to write great original content for your website and your blog. Share these posts via Social Media websites, it’s not too hard to setup a social media dashboard and funnel your blog content to multiple networks.
- Fix all onsite issues with your website, does it validate? You can check here. Is it easy to use? Does it load quickly, you can check here. Is it easy to navigate? Are there any dead spots for the user?
- Stop taking shortcuts and be patient. Good SEO takes time. Good SEO doesn’t tank when updates are released. Be patient and work hard and you will be rewarded.
For more information or to contact us: